Indigo Gardens is a small scale, intensive, specialty cut flower farm and design studio located in East Portland. We proudly sell our flowers wholesale at the Oregon Flower Growers Association in the Portland Flower Market, through a bouquet subscription program, in bulk buckets for DIY and through our design work- primarily weddings.
We are looking to hire one seasonal farm crew member for three days a week to help us through the peak of harvest season and to get the farm wrapped up for fall/winter. Primary duties will include field harvesting, washing buckets, weeding + other maintenance, mole run stomping and assistance with bouquet making + wrapping. Other design work may be available depending on experience and/or learning abilities.
2018 Seasonal Farm Position:
Open immediately - Nov 1
18-20 hours per week
Must be available:
Sunday 7:00 am- 2:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday or Thursday or 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Is a morning person
- Has worked on a farm before and can work in all types of weather conditions
- Can hustle without being sloppy
- Practices good self care
- Has a positive attitude
- Possesses good communication skills
- Thrives working in a team but can also maintain motivation on independent projects
- Is dependable and reliable
- Has some floral design experience
- Knows how to sharpen their snips
Please send inquiries to Leah at email@example.com. Tell us a little about yourself, include your resume and two references.